Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spinach Linguine with Edamame Pesto

Spinach Linguine with Edamame Pesto, page 174
(actually a wider pasta, more like fettucine)


My tummy is full and happy. Tonight's dinner was an all-around crowd-pleaser, with an enthusiastic thumbs-up from everyone, including both kids and the grandpapa.

I was a little concerned when I realized, halfway through making dinner, that this recipe is supposed to serve only four, and there are five of us. So I cooked up about 3/4 of a pound of pasta, instead of just a half-pound, keeping my fingers crossed that there would be enough pesto for this to work. As it turns out, there was no need for me to worry: the recipe for the edamame pesto made plenty, and by the time it was all mixed up with the pasta and sauteed mushrooms, there was plenty of pasta for everyone.

I can tell you right now that I'll be making this pesto again, and not just for smothering pasta. I'm dreaming about using it on steamed veggies, stirring spoonfuls into soups, spreading it onto sandwiches...

3 comments:

Brenna said...

Oh man, I love that pesto! It's my favorite recipe in the book (the falafel is a close second). I've found that you can actually cover two pounds of pasta with it. I usually put half of it into a container to use the next day. I made a soy-free variation on it for when I'm not feelin' the soy :)

http://plantpoweredmama.blogspot.com/2011/05/fat-free-vegan-pesto.html

Julie Ann said...

Brenna - your pesto looks great!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yum! I really love that pesto & this post's reminded me that I have some in the freezer - thanks!